Hola

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

littlemissbump14
Getting settled in

Hola

Post by littlemissbump14 »

Hello all,
I have just joined, I'm Laura and I'm currently studying spanish at St Andrews (no, you aren't the only one who doesn't know where it is, it's a little north of Edinburgh)

I was diagnosed as dyspraxic aged 4, but was re assesed 2 years ago for DSA support at Uni. It wasn't until the problems leading up to my getting assessed that I realised how huge an impact the dysprraxia was having on my life. It sounds stupid but becase my mum had always taught me to be positive and hide behind the dyspraxia there were loads of things that it held me back on that I hadn't really noticed. Now I have I reallly want to try and do all I can about it so that it doesn't hold me back in future.

So, any suggestions, support and help I can find on here will be wonderful, and if sharing my experiences can help someone else too then fantastic!

x
"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..."- Good advice from Dory
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Re: Hola

Post by Lady Fluff »

¡Hola Laura! ¡Me llamo Lady Fluff - Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately my Spanish deserts me there as it has been nearly 15 years since my last lesson - apart from 'ayuntamiento' which I always thought was a marvellous word.

Hope you find answers to the questions on here :)
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

hola caracola! well, I have it easy here, as I am Spanish. Bienvenida al foro y si necesitas preguntar sobre el espaniol, no dudes en escribirme. I hope you fin d the forum really useful and comforting and fun
Eva in London
littlemissbump14
Getting settled in

Post by littlemissbump14 »

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes, Evasura and LadyFluff! :D It's it lovely to meet you/conocerse usted. x
"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..."- Good advice from Dory
philm
Getting settled in

Post by philm »

Trying to set up informal group for dyspraxic adults to meet up in east Scotland. I have just set up a Facebook page for those who might be interested