Greetings

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Del1985
New member - welcome them!

Greetings

Post by Del1985 »

Hey there...

I'm Derek i'm 24 ....i dont remember what age exactly when i was diagonsed with dyspraxia but i was a young child
I joined because i find it very hard to find people to talk to who understand. so i thought it would be cool to talk to other people, well, like me :)
Liz944
Super poster

Re: Greetings

Post by Liz944 »

Hi Derek

Welcome to the forum!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Hi Derek,

Welcome to the forum. Would you like to tell us more about yourself, what you do, and what you find difficult from dyspraxia?

Dan
Forum admin
Del1985
New member - welcome them!

Post by Del1985 »

I work for a warehouse and i seem to be doing good because the bossess are starting to really pile on the responsibility. part of me is really excited about my future with the company but most of me is just scared.
I have problems with instructions if there not presented to me in a really simple way and when im being told of several things that need doing in one go i can get very worked up and agitated because i know how simple it should be and how difficult i'm finding it.
a lot of the time when my boss is speaking to me i seem to drift in and out of the conversation i try so hard to pay attension but everything seems to distract. the background noise anything thats happening behind him.
a lot of people tend to pass me off as an idiot because i need a little more time to understand things or because i cant grasp a simple premise because its not simple enough.
after school dyspraxia didnt really bother me much, i just got on with life and didnt try to do anything too complex with my but things starting to change in recent years and for the first time since school im starting to feel, not good enough.

thanks for listening ..well, reading :)