Hi

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pally
New member - welcome them!

Hi

Post by Pally »

Just found this website through Wikipedia (amazing what you find on there). I was diagnosed as dyspraxic during my second year at University, which wouldn't be so bad until you realise I started University when I was 31. It took so long to diagnose as dyspraxia wasnt known when I was a 'problem' child at school and it only came to light when an examiner wrote on one of my papers "Can hardly read! Dyslexic?". ](*,)
My condition manifests itself through a poor attention span and unreadable handwriting. Praise be for computers!!

Anyway, that's me. Nice to meet anybody.
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

Hi Pally, Welcome to the forums.

I am the guilty one, in that I added the link to Wikipedia. I am glad it has been of use.

We are a friendly forum so I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

Hi Pally

Snap! I'm at uni now, I'm 32 and found out last year that I have dyspraxia! Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it.
rhubarb_crumble
Getting settled in

Post by rhubarb_crumble »

Welcome to the forum, Pally.

My name is Rosanna and I'm 18.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Welcome to the forum! Good to hear you found us through Wikipedia.
monkey
Getting settled in

Post by monkey »

welcome
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Hi Pally,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it of use to you and feel free to ask questions and leave comments.
I must say from your first post. I find it amazing that your Dyspraxia had to be picked up by an examiner and not a teacher.
There is more understanding and acceptaence now, rather than arrogance, however, I still suffered from the problem of teachers refusing to believe there was anything wrong with me and forcing me to stay behind, to do work I couldn't do because of Dyspraxia. Hopefully the next school kids coming through will get the help they need.
Look forward to your posts on the forum.

David 18
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

Welcome! I'm Shanna. More on me to follow. Hang on.
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

I am on the other sites (Matt's Hideout and Dyspraxic Teens as Hermionefan5). I have a nonverbal learning disability, which has many similarities to dyspraxia. I also like to read, write, do science stuff, watch movies, listen to almost all types of music, play sports, and watch sports. My favorite sports are baseball (go Chicago Cubs!) and soccer. I like all sorts of books but my favorites are the Harry Potter series, books by Nicholas Sparks, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, and Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire, which explores the many layers of the Wicked Witch (aka Ephalba) from The Wizard of Oz. Some of my favorite movies to watch include: The Cutting Edge, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Mrs. Doubtfire, Hook, any of the Peter Pan movies,Finding Neverland, Jerry Maguire, THe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie, Footloose, A League of Their Own, THe Sixth Sense, Batman Begins,and The Sandlot.
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07