Newbie in town

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gomababe
Regular Poster

Newbie in town

Post by gomababe »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, though I've been lurking for the last week or so. I'm 20 {I'll be 21 in May} and have been diagnosed as Dyspraxic since I was 5, but my parents had no idea what the doctor meant by the term until I was 14. I'm currently ending my third year at Edinburgh University, studying in Biological Sciences, I'm hoping to take my honours in Zoology, though I think Neuroscience may be just as, if not more, interesting a subject. Hopefully I'll have time this Summer to participate here since I'm hoping to find something to keep me busy {and earn some cash} over the long summer holidays.
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome to the forum!!! Ooh stationed in bonny Scotland, eh?! Im from Edinburgh, but go to Uni in Aberdeen, doing history and history of art! Enjoy looking around; youll find plenty of advice, help and support!

Fuzz *bows*
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
monkey
Getting settled in

Post by monkey »

welcome
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm David 18 years of age.

I hope that you find the forum of use to you. Please feel free to participate on any of the topics on the site and share your thoughts and feelings. I have discovered many things in common with other members on the forum and I hope you enjoy posting.

David
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Welcome to the forum! I don't think we can help you earn cash (at least not directly, lol) but hopefully you find plenty of others to shares and your questions and experiences with
rhubarb_crumble
Getting settled in

Post by rhubarb_crumble »

Welcome to the forum. My name is Rosanna and I'm 18.
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

I'm interested in Zoology too! This is cool. =D>

Welcome to the forum! I'm Shanna and I am on the other sites (Matt's Hideout and Dyspraxic Teens as Hermionefan5). I have a nonverbal learning disability, which has many similarities to dyspraxia. I also like to read, write, do science stuff, watch movies, listen to almost all types of music, play sports, and watch sports. My favorite sports are baseball (go Chicago Cubs!) and soccer. I like all sorts of books but my favorites are the Harry Potter series, books by Nicholas Sparks, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, and Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire, which explores the many layers of the Wicked Witch (aka Ephalba) from The Wizard of Oz. Some of my favorite movies to watch include: The Cutting Edge, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Mrs. Doubtfire, Hook, any of the Peter Pan movies,Finding Neverland, Jerry Maguire, THe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie, Footloose, A League of Their Own, THe Sixth Sense, Batman Begins,and The Sandlot.
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
gomababe
Regular Poster

Post by gomababe »

I love Harry Potter as a book series, I think the movies could do with a little more consistency and a director and actors that actually read the books. I love fantasy and Sci-fi stories, but I like some of the classics as well {Black Beauty's always a favourite}. Thanks for the welcomes, I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply before now, studying is a top priority at the minute. Hopefully I should find plenty of time to discuss things though.