need help asap

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

19thirsty87
New member - welcome them!

need help asap

Post by 19thirsty87 »

hi im in need of help i was age 11 when me and my mam got told i have dyspraxia all the way through school i didnt get anyhelp i got bulleyed so when i left i didnt go 2 college and i have been on job seekers since i have had to try my best and do things. In 2014 i got told i have epilepsy im ok but i have been told to try for pip i have done and got no points for it as they keep saying on it i dont have any formal support in place or supporting medical evidence to confirm how bad i have become since my epilepsy i have been told by someone i might need to get another assessment done i am waiting to be assesed for dyslexia can anyone help me please.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: need help asap

Post by Tom fod »

It is worth getting help to submit an appeal. You have to be brutally honest about your difficulties on your bad days and how this prevents or affects your ability to carry out 'normal'day to day activities.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
19thirsty87
New member - welcome them!

Post by 19thirsty87 »

i did tell them that but they say i dont have any support in place to help
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

By 'they' do you mean DWP or the people who did the assessment on DWP's behalf?

They (DWP, Capita or whoever) cannot and are unsurprisingly not going to help. You need to contact an organisation such citizens advice bureau or other advocate organisation in your area.

The fact you have no formal support in place does not necessarily mean that you don't require any support to be able to live and work independently.

It's not the conditions you have but rather how they affect your ability to work of find work to support yourself. Telling DWP or putting Dyspraxia and/or Dyslexia and Epilepsy does not entitle you unless you can honestly convey how they are preventing you from carrying out normal day to day activities.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)