I need some advice

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Someone
New member - welcome them!

I need some advice

Post by Someone »

Hey!
I am a student and I am strugling with my grades. I study for the tests and know everything and then when I am writting the test I get so nervous and my thoughts get so messy that I write down stupid anwsers. I known that I am better than that and I want for my grades to be higher. Did anyone else had the same problem when they were in highschool? And I can't concentrate at all and my notes are a mess. I am starting to feel dumb and worthless because with the grades that I have now I won't be able to make my dreams come true and I am questioning the meaning of life. If someone could give me some advice I would be very grateful.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: I need some advice

Post by Tom fod »

Not personally but Dyspraxia and related stress affects people in different ways and it can be difficult to think straight and recall what you want to and put that in writing when you are panickimg.

The first step is to speak to someone be that a tutor, a lecturer for that class or the student counsellor/support welfare team. If you prefer you could email this or a cut down version

You are not dumb and worthless!. Please let us know how it goes and if you have further questions or concerns.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Someone
New member - welcome them!

Re: I need some advice

Post by Someone »

Ok thanks for the replay I will try to talk to the school counsellor.