Do I have dyspraxia?

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Loganxmen
New member - welcome them!

Do I have dyspraxia?

Post by Loganxmen »

I am 16 years old, I have some symptoms of dyspraxia for
Example, I have no manual dexterity, a poor posture,bad short term memory, and I have anxiety and depression.
I thought that I have no manual dexterity because I haven't done any job, and I am dreaming to become a doctor but I'm doubtful about it.

Note:I have watched some videos about dyspraxia I think My condition is not as severe as them for example,I can wear my clothes hold a pencil, that is why I haven't been diagnosed until know if i have it so.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Do I have dyspraxia?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

We get asked this question a lot, . . . but then we are a Dyspraxia forum!

People are affected differently and to different degrees. We are capable of achieving great things but the path is often more difficult for us. There are people on here who are studying medicine or who are working in the health profession.

It may be worth doing a self assessment questionnaire and if you score highly you may wish to looking into getting a formal assessment so you know either way with a bit more certainty. Try to view it as an opportunity to know/understand yourself a bit better but remember any label (if you choose to wear it) should not define the totality of who you are.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)