Private help in London?

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EnglaC1
New member - welcome them!

Private help in London?

Post by EnglaC1 »

So I'm 99.5% sure I have dyspraxia, however I told my doctor and they have now referred me to physiotherapist and therapist as well. This is taking too long. I live in London, does anyone know of any private health that I could get in London that would be able to diagnose dyspraxia?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Private help in London?

Post by Tom fod »

Another way might be to say to your employer that you're struggling with x y and z and that you think this may be because you're dyspraxic and wonder if they could do anything to help support you to do your job better. Your employer can then consult experts, perhaps via Access to Work, and an expert will assess you and produce a report detailing reasonable adjustments your employer should consider. Adjustments need not be expensive and don't let them think that by providing a lot of kit your difficulties will be magically and permanently cured.

Key4Learning is one organisation I can think of off the top of my head. There are others. It's worth doing a bit of googling and or contacting the Dyspraxia Foundation too.

Possible there are members from London/SE region who have recently been assessed/diagnosed who may suggest some useful PoCs.

Please let us know how things go.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)