Twitches?

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tak88
New member - welcome them!

Twitches?

Post by tak88 »

I'm exploring the possibility I have Dyspraxia or something similar because it would make a lot of sense. There's one other thing that happens to me that has always been unexplained (even with neuro exams). I tend to switch randomly. Usually it's my head/neck going to the side, sometimes because something touches me there. Also when I'm lying on my side my body will twitch (sometimes continuously) in a "crunching/humping" motion. It happens more when I'm stressed. Does anyone else with Dyspraxia or similar issues have a problem with twitching like this?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Twitches?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi again

I believe this sort of thing is quite common and you'll see plenty of similar examples in other topic areas inc the Day to Day living and Dyspraxia Chat areas

Stress and anxiety do exacerbate things and heighten noticability. I find I can often be really jumpy/restless. Sometimes situations/stimuli cause a sensory overload. Having relaxation/calming and groundng strategies that personally work for you will help you cope.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)