Assessment in Surrey?

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Oppro
New member - welcome them!

Assessment in Surrey?

Post by Oppro »

Hi! I'm new hee & wondered if you can help.

I'm pretty sure I'm dyspraxic & would like a proper assessment & diagnosis. I tried the GP but she said no funding for adults, go on Google & find someone privately. She suggested Googling an educational psychologist, but they all seem to either only deal with children, dyslexia or are ridiculously expensive or miles away. Various phone calls have moved me from ed psychs, to OTs, to clinical psychs, to Dyspraxia UK who have given me minimal information but immediately want a cheque for £650. A lot of the places I've seen have quoted £500-700. :Eek:

Can anyone recommend someone who will do an assessment for around the £300, quickly, as near to Surrey as poss? Everyone I've found seems to want to make this as complicated & expensive as possible!!
Tim G
Super poster

Re: Assessment in Surrey?

Post by Tim G »

500-700 pounds is about the going rate for a assisment but it does depend on where you go.
A quite well known center in Surry is the Hellan Arkel dyslexicia center I had my assisment for dysabled student allowance there.
The other place where I was digignosed about 11 or so years ago was by a private education phyc in surry - I don't know if she is still working as a ed phyc. PM me for the contact deatles.
The real Mr Potato Head
ALADDIN
Power poster

Re: Assessment in Surrey?

Post by ALADDIN »

I tried to get an assessment in Surrey. I had to go privately.