Tim Francis

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Euphena
Regular Poster

Re: Tim Francis

Post by Euphena »

Hi Carla

His number is 01825 766011

He's probably on holiday or has a lot of work at present, don't give up OK

Euphena
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

Hi Euphena

I am interested to hear that your University is doing research into dyscalculia. Could you post and let us know how that goes? I have dyscalculia and as so few people have it, it's difficult to explain how it affects me. It would be great if there was research done into it.
Euphena
Regular Poster

Post by Euphena »

Hi Catwoman

The person you need to contact is:

Dr Marinella Cappelletti

Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
University College London
Alexandra House, 17 Queen Square
London
WC1N 3AR
Telephone: 020-7679-5430
Email: m.cappelletti@ucl.ac.uk

I'm not at UCL, but at a Uni close by. I'm just helping her as a student who has dyscalculia in her ongoing adult dyscalculia study.

Marinella is a lovely lady and is always looking for adult dyscalculics for her research. She is one of the leading authorities in this subject.

Let me know how you get on

Euphena
Carla
New member - welcome them!

Post by Carla »

Hi all,

Just to let you know I got a phone call on the day I wrote my message from Tim, so all ok now and I have my appointment booked.

Must say he sounded a really nice guy on the phone and it was the first time someone actually listened to me!

Thanks again

Carla
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Please refrain from naming people that are not yourself, if you not sure if they would consent to themselves being named on the forum.
Euphena
Regular Poster

Post by Euphena »

Hi David

I think Tim Francis is a member of the forum now and I belief a number of the forum members have been assessed by him, thats why there is a topic about him.

As regards Dr Capelletti, most of us have dual diagnoses in dyspraxia and dyscalculia and she is aware of the forum as well as the official dyscalculia forum. She is doing pioneering working in dyscalculia as like dyspraxia so little is known, so along with her colleague Professor Butterworth they are needed and forum members should know who these people are.

If you have any queries regarding these individuals please send me a private email or contact these individuals yourself.

I can assure you they have all our interest at heart.