Hiya,i'm new! Please help!

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Wobble
Getting settled in

Hiya,i'm new! Please help!

Post by Wobble »

Hey,im a 17 yro female and am new to forum set up but hopefully i will get used to it!!! :D
So .... i havent officially been daignosed a dyspraxic yet but im preety sure i will be!!!
Here's a bit of my background,i was born normally 2 weeks premature,i was always a quite baby and didnt talk until 3 and even when i did i always said words wrongly,like hospital as hoscital!!! Anyway i started primary school i dont remember much but i started going to english and maths learning support,and i did a 1 year primary movement programme at school but then that LS teacher left and i didnt do it anymore.Throughtout school i could make frineds but i was always shy and drawn to others with learning difficulties.I needed learning support all through primary exsept my last yr,but then my first year of secondary school i needed learning support again. :(
Anyway i've always been bad at ball games in particular especially bagnition and tennis,but i'm ok at swimming.
I'm quite clumsy,terrible handwriting,terrible short term memory,terrible organazation,no concentration,have odd panic attacks,hate loud noise and find it hard to ,listen and talk in group situations but im fine one on one.
My 11 yro brother had dyspraxia and dyslexia and there are quite a lot of simlarities so my parents decised to get me assesed by a dysleixa pyshogist but she said she thinks im dyspraxia and referring me to a occupational therpaist,what will they do? But she said i traits of btoh conditions.What are the main diffrences between dyslexia and dyspraxia? THANKS!!! O:)
agsiul
Power poster

Re: Hiya,i'm new! Please help!

Post by agsiul »

there are a lot of similarities. The main difference is that with Dyslexia it will be a problem with spelling and reading. With dyspraxia it affects all aspects of your life and the long and the short of it is you can never get away.