Anger issues and Dyspraxia

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rochard
New member - welcome them!

Anger issues and Dyspraxia

Post by Rochard »

Hi.

I'm a 21yo Male that have Dyspraxia and Dysgraphia.

The problem is, I have a lot of anger issues because of this handicap. When i'm not able to understand something or make people understand, or doing something, I smash stuff around me and I'm very mad.

This is currently making my life hellish. I'm currently under depression so my angriness is doubled.

Do you have any solution for this ?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Anger issues and Dyspraxia

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Richard and welcome.

Somebody recently sent me a link to this You Tube Video on the subject of Dyspraxia and resentment Hope you find it useful/helpful but do say if not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq73RXm ... iLIN6wjPdA

I find mostly my anger and frustration is directed inwards towards myself but occasionally it is directed outward at other people/things and afterwards I’ll feel guilty. Caring deeply can be a double edged sword and having a sense of humour isn’t always sufficient, though it can break/ease the tension afterwards.
Last edited by Tom fod on Mon May 06, 2019 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Rochard
New member - welcome them!

Post by Rochard »

Thanks for the link

To put some more context, I get angry when I'm not able to do stuff.

Most recent example : I was playing GTA San Andreas (maybe you know this game, its pretty old) it was given to me as a present from one of my best friends. I get very angry because i'm not able to finish the "missions" the game proposes to me. Of course my anger goes towards people after because when I ask for help or search for it I got mocked or ashmed because many people say they finished the game when they were very young etc.

But since i'm very stubborn and this is a present from a friend I continued to play, making things even more hellish. Got banned from communites, ad crisis (thanks to depression for that)... yes it does represent a lot "just for a game" but video games are one of my only hobbies

Also I'm maybe stupid because I try to play some games in a competitive manner despite me having this handicap. Of course you know what happend, I got angry, frustration, etc.

I talk about video games because its a big part of my life but you can replace video games with everything else in my opinion.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I have GTA 3 San Andreas in my collection and just gave up on trying to play it to be honest. Not sure I even completed the early mission where you have to drive your homies to the Drive by. Got a bit lost!

Def hard as we often lack the competitive ability aven though we're intelligent Dyspraxia can make us feel really small and useless.

Not played it online, only against me PS2 and I freely admit I resorted to just mucking about in the game and seeing how far I could get /how long I cd survive acting the hoodlum and riling the cops (in the game).

Found it and some other games were giving me motion sickness so to be honest not played for a couple of years. Can completely understand frustration though as wanting to keep up with others still feels like something we ought to be able to do, bloody difficult though it is!

Can well imagine there are a lot of tw&ts on gaming forums who'll claim they completed it when they were 8 (sure it's an 18 game!)
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
bookworm
Getting settled in

Post by bookworm »

If I get angry I can feel angry for weeks or months sometimes. It's a difficult emotion to handle. I'm not got at dealing with it.