sleep

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

becky1986
Getting settled in

sleep

Post by becky1986 »

ok does any one else have trouble sleeping and does any one have any tips on how to get to sleep

ive been up since around 5 this morning and now im not tired at all and ive gotta be up again at 7............ive not been sleeping much the past few weeks and now its just strssing me out

any one got any tips 8-[
The Lurker
Power poster

Post by The Lurker »

I know the feeling, but unfortunately not the solution :D
SkeletaLady
Getting settled in

Sleep

Post by SkeletaLady »

I found that I had trouble sleeping but exercising before bed helps. I usually do crunches and leglifts before and then I tire myself out that way. Also, think about what you do during the day. Often, if you're bored your brain doesn't work enough to make you tired. But exercise really helps.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Don't drink caffine or alcohol before you go to bed. Make sure you finnish your evening meal a good time before you go to bed. Make sure you turn the TV off. If possible move any electrical equipment e.g. games consols, tv, DVD players etc out of the bedroom. If you find you can't sleep take yourself out of the bedroom try and do something else for 20 mins then go back to bed. Excercise before going to bed is good...
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

I have the oppositie I am tired all the time.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

Pooky wrote:I have the oppositie I am tired all the time.
Yeah I'm tired all the time. Then again when my girlfriend is away I can't sleep, no matter how tired I am. As soon as she is away I revert back to my insomnia.
joeswinn
New member - welcome them!

Re: sleep

Post by joeswinn »

Here is some tips
1. Get your body into a routine so it knows it's time to sleep
2. Light therapy- Have the lights dimmed 1 hour before you go to bed and when you wake up open the curtains and turn on the light
3. Get your doctor to prescribe you sleeping tablets or melatonin (sleeping hormone) to get your body back in the sleep cycle, be careful because sleeping meds can be addictive
4. Do not watch T.V or go on your computer for 1 hour before you go to sleep as these stimulate you too much
5. Do not have any caffeine after 4pm (that includes soft drinks)
6. Try listening to talking books or relaxing music to get to sleep
7. Have a warm glass of milk before bed
8. Having a hot shower is really good for getting you relaxed.
9. Do as much physical activity as you can during the day so you can get exhausted