"Being floppy and unstable"

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

"Being floppy and unstable"

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

I forget about this characteristic - thus described in a "Checklist of dyspraxic symptoms" in the book

"Dyspraxia: Dyspraxic Adults Surviving in a Non-Dyspraxic World"
(Kindle Location 173)"

I was reminded of it going through the book. I first recognised it - though not the cause - when handholding with my girlfriend - though now I reflect - I recall my parents complaining about it when I was a child.

One place I recognise it is when driving - I have often allowed my non dominant (left) hand to become lose or even slip off the steering wheel - my passenger wife has long complained and nowadays I do strive to at least keep it on the wheel.

Do you have similar problems or different ones or does the characteristic not affect you?

Ar present the book is only available - online via Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dyspraxia-Dysp ... way&sr=8-1
allesandro
Power poster

Re: "Being floppy and unstable"

Post by allesandro »

I confess I know nothing about this except that I have very bad coordination with my left hand. Can't use a blood pressure cuff because of it. Is this the kind of thing you might be talking about or have I totally missed the mark?
BellaVapenik
New member - welcome them!

Re: "Being floppy and unstable"

Post by BellaVapenik »

Hey there, I do understand what you're going through, I have to deal with really, really bad coordination every day. I accidentally bump into doors, doorframes, and other objects on a daily basis. Also without even trying I manage to knock over or drop lots of things. From what I understand the part of the brain that deals with coordination and depth perception is just really off. The things that seem to help me the most are definitely OT Therapy, and even just at home practicing just moving things back and forth between my hands. It's not a cure all fix, but it definitely does make a difference. Wish you luck.