Diet

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Diet

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I've found that when I eat stuff that has high levels of sugar or caffeiene that I become jittery, my concentration goes through the floor and my body goes shakey. This impacts on me and I end up being even more clumsy than I am normally.

I'm just about to embark on a change in diet, I was previously doing weightwatchers but found that I still ate the same stuff but within my points limit. I really need to change the stuff I eat as that is making me feel ill, I can't afford to have my concentration levels even lower when I need to be concentrating at uni.

Anyone on here found that they were better off once they changed their diet? Was there anything particular that you cut out that has improved the quality of health? :-k
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I try to limit my sugar intake and have switched from sugar to Splenda and trained myself to put in less or none at all in tea.

Also started eating more marmite on toast - b vitamins and good for zinc which helps level my moods I find.

Which reminds me: I use granary bread rather than white or wholemeal as the seeds and pips are slow to digest evening out energy from digestion. Got the idea from the GI diet - not a diet I follow myself but pinched a few ideas from it like paying attention to what carbs and proteins I include in a meal.

chicken = protein, balsamic vinegar and maybe rice and peas is a good energy balanced meal and is the sort of thing I aim to eat when I can.
robyn

Post by robyn »

I read that having low pprotein diet can cause add like affects

I find caffine helps me, but I only eat sugar if with other stuff to balance blood sugar

a healthier diet would no doubt help me a bit, but I dont think its a big factor for me

good luck
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Try slimming world instead of weightwatchers. slimming world do red and green days instead of points systems, it changes what foods you can mix with what and does help... i personally found that it works.

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.