The trouble with ovens

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

firemonkey
Power poster

The trouble with ovens

Post by firemonkey »

The trouble with ovens . I hope the burn on my arm isn't infected. I only noticed it when I went to bed Tuesday night. I had caught my arm on the oven shelf and it hurt but I'd not thought much of it .The carer saw it too when she came yesterday and said I should put some cream on it so I put some Savlon on.
Andrew_S_Hatton
Power poster

Re: The trouble with ovens & other dyspraxic cooking woes

Post by Andrew_S_Hatton »

Savlon is whar we use for burns, I hope it clears up soon.

I still "forget" sometimes to use a cloth when I get something hot out of an oven, which nowadays I use very little, though this week more often than usual as my wife is away visiting family and I am in charge of such matters.

My best/worst recentish catastrophe with cooking was when having failed to turn a gas hob off and on leaving the house I realised I had forgotten to lock the back - door - right next to the Cooker-

My coat was under my arm - to go in the car - I went back - put my coat on top of the hob - fortunately it did not get past smouldering - but it was some sort of artificial fabric and smelled awful.

It was before I had by NHS diagnosis - so it was at least 5 years ago.

I saved the evidence to show my GP - who still would not arrange to refer me for a proper diagnosis!

I think bad management of DCD is my trouble - the oven behaves quite predictably most of the time - nowadays I aim to switch a light on over the cooker hood when I use the cooker - at least that increases the chance of me checking - we also have quite a good smoke alarm - which makes an awful noise even when the toaster is turned up a bit high!