Doors

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Doors

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I have a problem with doors, them and I don't seem to agree. A lot of my accidents involve doors, trapping fingers, hitting on the head of doors on the kitchen cupboards, pulling wrong door on the fridgefreezer and being hit in the head with the fridge door.

Anyone else have problems with doors??
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Yep!!!! Walk into them at an alarming rate.... just can't help it.....

Always make sure if I am with someone they go first.... then they miss the carnage.... Blocks at work trying to be polite and let me go first.... but I hate it.... they think it very funny!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
SavV
Regular Poster

Post by SavV »

Yes, I am pretty sure every door out there has a thing against me, which I knew what i did to upset them!

Cheers!
Hang on..... this isn't my classroom...
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

I walk in to so many stationary objects that I can't remember them all.
rah
Power poster

Post by rah »

door frames are the biggest problem for me i find. i'm sure they move of their own accord...

or i'm always being lauged at at work for pushing the pull doors and pulling the push doors #-o
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I find I have trouble negotiating stationary objects.](*,)

I also like to walk about the house in bare feet.

I'm sure you can see where this is going..... :Eek:

I'm also a devil for catching the loops in my waistband on the small metal bit of the catch in doors (where the tirangular shaped wedge fits) and am always bending them out of shape.

How do I do this? Buggered if I know, but I have a shrewd idea.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

at least your not the only one with that Lithium, I usually tend to just pull the kitchen door, and then pick up whatever, and by the time I do that trying not to spill hot liquid on myself, and then take a step forward, and feel a sudden jerk, and whatever I was carrying tips, only to find that the door had started closing, and caught the belt loop on my jeans!

(why! oh! why! do we need door handles the same height as our belt line?!!) couldn't they do them 2 inches higher, or a foot lower?!!
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I get the same thing with garments. I am always getting my coat caught on doors, belt loops on handles. Also the doorframe, I swear it moves just for me as I always manage to bang my elbow on them.
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

My problem isnt so much the doors, but the door frames! Im always walking into them... Ive dislocated my shoulder before because of the force I went into the doorframe with.

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

And the doorhandles on my jeans... My partner finds it funny, makes me just wanna slap him lol... We've actually removed most of the doors in our house, doesnt help much with the doorframes, but is good when it comes to the handles...

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
SavV
Regular Poster

Post by SavV »

Ahh my old friend 'The Door'. I had a nice incident with my bedroom one this morning. I walked along the hall and turned into it, somehow failing to realise it was shut - Incident one. I then opened the door and walked straight into the door frame instead of the open doorway - Incident 2. Finally, I managed to dis-entangle myself from the wretched thing just in time for a good gust of wind to blow in my window, and swing the door around getting the handle caught nicely in my jersey.
By the time I got in my room, I had forgotten why exactly it was I was there so turned straight back round and left. Later I realised i was looking for socks.. had awefully cold toes...

Cheers all!
Hang on..... this isn't my classroom...
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Post by WTCCFan »

When we first moved in to the house me and my parents live in the garage was longer and their was a door from the kitchen. Two steps go down into the garage. We shortened the garage and the new space made into another room which has changed apearance of the years and what we can do in it. Though we have always been able to have dinner in it, sit in it or write cards/letters on the table. The door to the room from the kitchen was taken away and after having saloon-style doors divide the kitchen from the new room, now a beaded curtain divides. A breeze-block wall divides the room from the garage and a heavy door put to the side where the beaded curtain is.

It is the big heavy door to the garage I once had a painful experience.

I don't know if I just put the wrong foot in the wrong place but I opened the door to the garage and "THWACK!", the door went right into my head.

OUCH!!
Liz944
Super poster

Re: Doors

Post by Liz944 »

Makes it a 100 times worse when the door has a slight edge on it and you can only pull it, rather push it.... always get caught out.... very embarassing when the door is next to the bosses office...
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

it's the exact same with me, I always get push and pull the wrong way around. I don't mind it but I hate it when someone is behind me, I just feel embarrassed.
Last edited by Tom fod on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Person quoted has asked for their posts to be deleted.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Jen
Getting settled in

Post by Jen »

Are also have a problem with door's, door frames, window's and dropping things.
When I drop things and pick them up, I find it very difficult to pick them up and keep hold of them. So dropping one thing can take 10 mins to resolve.