Dyspraxia and bowel/toilet problems

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

firemonkey
Power poster

Dyspraxia and bowel/toilet problems

Post by firemonkey »

Referring to these two articles https://thesensitivegut.com/2016/12/20/ ... d-as-well/ and https://gilldixon.blogspot.com/2018/07/ ... iadcd.html

I have always been prone to constipation but never connected it to dyspraxia . On quite a few occasions I've done such large ones that I've blocked the toilet. With regards to the second article: Wiping myself properly has always been an issue. As has been positioning my bum on the toilet seat to avoid marking the toilet bowl when I go.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia and bowel/toilet problems

Post by Tom fod »

Moved to Day to Day living
Constipation and stool state is also going to be heavily influenced by diet. Equally anxiety can and will also have an influence on how/when. Some people like to take their time and read the paper after deploying the VI Poo and waiting for nature to take it's course. I just punish the porcerlain and get out!

Continental WCs tend to have a shelf so you can inspect before flushing
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
bookworm
Getting settled in

Post by bookworm »

I think it is related to Dyspraxia and co-ordination difficulties. I think I have IBS but dyspraxia doesn't help as I also struggle with wiping. And I suffer with constipation and it doesn't seem to be related to my diet.
VelikiSam1
New member - welcome them!

Post by VelikiSam1 »

Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. Thanks for sharing those articles. It's interesting to learn about the connection between dyspraxia and bowel/toilet problems. It's not something I've considered before. I understand how it might be frustrating dealing with constipation and the challenges of wiping properly or positioning yourself on the toilet seat. It's better to take some medicine (Hperlink Removed) to improve the situation. Anyway, thanks again for sharing!
Last edited by Shadwell on Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hyperlink Removed linking to a pharmacy website.