Nail Biters Not So Anonymous

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

BetaBox
Getting settled in

Nail Biters Not So Anonymous

Post by BetaBox »

Yeah I do it and my nails look awful, but with dyspraxia you can't just watch a movie and not do something else!
Carpe Veritas
Getting settled in

Post by Carpe Veritas »

Very true, it drives people I know insane! :-s

Still its better than the foot tapping I used to do \:D/
Always be obscure, clearly
rah
Power poster

Post by rah »

yep, i bite my nails too.

i absolutely hate the way my nails look, being quite a girly girl i'd love to have nice long nails (escpecially as i'm unable to wear heels!) but i've literally tried everything.

the nasty tasting nail varnishes work for a while but then i either forget to put it on regurlarly or i get used to the taste, and i have no willpower to speak of either!

i'm currently trying something that i haven't tried before, pinging an elastic band on my wrist everytime i even think to look at my nails. it'w working pretty well so far. it's based on the fact that non-biters only inspect their nails once or twice a day whereas biters do it almost constantly - even during attempts to quit and that's definitely true of me. it's been a week so far and i've not even bitten them subconciously because everytime i lift my hand i glance the elastic band!

i really hope it works this time, as i've been trying to stop on and off for 10 years.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

do you watch horror movies then?!! just be careful you don't jump then!!

my brother used to do it, not sure about now though, I only do it when I haven't got anything to cut a broken nail with after catching it on something, usaully because I slipped with a ratchet, or screw driver.
William
New member - welcome them!

Post by William »

Is nail biting one of the things we do? and I always thought I was just weird. :S
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I bite my nails too.... currently attempting to stop..... but the temptation is just too much..... :whistle:
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...