interdental brushes and other medical related moans

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

interdental brushes and other medical related moans

Post by Tom fod »

Has anyone been told to use interdental brushes by their Dentist but is really finding it nigh impossible.

Also have the asthma nurse on my back for my inability to give a consistent breath volume output. Still maybe consultation with Doctor will be fruitful. I think I inherited a bit of a neurotic distrust of the medical profession from my mother who dragged me to see all kinds of regular medical and complementary practitioners because I ‘wasn’t right’. I know she cared but it was darn infuriating at times!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Philip
Power poster

Re: interdental brushes and other medical related moans

Post by Philip »

My dentist told me I should not used these, I been told to use a water pik as I would find it a lot easier to use. I still use my electric tootbrush (charging) however when I am on holiday I have to use my battery one.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Philip
Thank you very much for your reply. Have you got a water Pik and if so how do you rate it?
What are the like to use in terms of ease of use. fiddlyness, feeling and ongoing cost?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
RedRevolver
Getting settled in

Post by RedRevolver »

I recommend an Air Flosser/Water pik quite a lot. Just started using one, and it's pretty fantastic. :)

I wish I'd got one years ago...my teeth are pretty rubbish. It does annoy me when dentists would be like "You need to floss!" and I'd try to explain I find it difficult, likely more damaging to my gums than to not floss and just regularly brush as efficiently as possible and they never once recommended any alternatives like interdental brushes or anything.
Auron
Power poster

Post by Auron »

I take a long piece of floss. (four times longer then I will need).

I fold it in half (so now it's two strands)

Then I find the middle of this "double strand"

I put my index finger on the middle then I twist my finger around it several times, like I'm tying to "hang" my index finger.

I wrap the other side of this looped, four-ply, 'rope' of floss around my fingers on my other hand.

Now I have a thick "floss rope" that I cannot accidentally drop or let go of. I use this for all the different-sized gaps in my teeth, and I don't use interdental brushes at all.
It works because if it's a narrow gap the floss will naturally squeeze itself into four strands in a queue, but when you floss it acts like a thickened "floss rope and properly dislodges debris like an interdental brush would."