Finding clothing too tight when it actually isn't?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

lizzie1991
Getting settled in

Finding clothing too tight when it actually isn't?

Post by lizzie1991 »

Hi, for years I have felt funny about wearing clothes that feel tight to me even though they actually fit and people have commented they fit me well. When I wear socks I feel like they are rtght round my ankles or outer toe when they are not. I also find bras too tight so I end up putting it on the lowest hook. I also find hair bobbles too tight whereas other people seem to wear them relatively tight without moaning. Does anyone else experience these? I also prefer looser clothing even if it looks bigger on me.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Finding clothing too tight when it actually isn't?

Post by Tom fod »

I probably tend towards looser garments but thankfully I'm a guy and don't have to contend with bras or heels.

I tend to look a bit dishevelled and am funny about textures/being too warm due to my eczema. Equally I like to haveclothes with good and plentiful pockets but at times I end up in a panic as I've stuffed my wallet/phone/money in a different pocket and can't immediately locate it.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
MusicL22
Getting settled in

Post by MusicL22 »

Tom fod wrote:I probably tend towards looser garments but thankfully I'm a guy and don't have to contend with bras or heels.

I tend to look a bit dishevelled and am funny about textures/being too warm due to my eczema. Equally I like to haveclothes with good and plentiful pockets but at times I end up in a panic as I've stuffed my wallet/phone/money in a different pocket and can't immediately locate it.
Yes I end up anxious and shoving things in pockets then forgetting them. I like lots of pockets. I sometimes go round looking like a man with what I wear even if it is womans clothes.
Janie
New member - welcome them!

Post by Janie »

Me too.I can’t believe you experience the too tight thing!
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

This sounds a lot like symptoms of Sensory Integration Dysfunction, a common condition comorbid with Dyspraxia.
blackkathy

Post by blackkathy »

Probably everyone has faced this problem, and even clothes a few sizes more extensive seem too tight to me. I have had such principles for a long time. It ended when my husband changed my mind. He and I began to choose clothes for me together, and thus I stopped seeing myself full in clothes. By the way, many people have inspired themselves with this principle, which in itself is not valid, so you should find a person who will convince you that clothes make you fat. Because I now feel comfortable in any clothes, I began to wear caps from the store headwearhut.com. And now I wear hats to match any outfit I have.
RebeR23

Post by RebeR23 »

I don't like tight clothes either, I'm much more comfortable in loose ones. I decided to get rid of all the clothes in my closet if they caused me discomfort immediately. I did so, and then I started looking for suitable clothes in stores. Now I choose clothes with one desire: to find one that won't cramp my movements. I found comfortable dresses and hoodies at [url removed], I also bought a couple of oversize sweaters at Zara and pants at Mango.
By the way, if a bra seems tight to you, get yourself some sports models. Such bras are very comfortable.
Last edited by Tom fod on Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removal of url to commercial site offering stolen or counterfeiters goods