Finding clothing too tight when it actually isn't?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

lizzie1991
Getting settled in

Finding clothing too tight when it actually isn't?

Postby lizzie1991 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi, for years I have felt funny about wearing clothes that feel tight to me even though they actually fit and people have commented they fit me well. When I wear socks I feel like they are rtght round my ankles or outer toe when they are not. I also find bras too tight so I end up putting it on the lowest hook. I also find hair bobbles too tight whereas other people seem to wear them relatively tight without moaning. Does anyone else experience these? I also prefer looser clothing even if it looks bigger on me.

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Finding clothing too tight when it actually isn't?

Postby Tom fod » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:27 am

I probably tend towards looser garments but thankfully I'm a guy and don't have to contend with bras or heels.

I tend to look a bit dishevelled and am funny about textures/being too warm due to my eczema. Equally I like to haveclothes with good and plentiful pockets but at times I end up in a panic as I've stuffed my wallet/phone/money in a different pocket and can't immediately locate it.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

MusicL22
Getting settled in

Postby MusicL22 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am

Tom fod wrote:I probably tend towards looser garments but thankfully I'm a guy and don't have to contend with bras or heels.

I tend to look a bit dishevelled and am funny about textures/being too warm due to my eczema. Equally I like to haveclothes with good and plentiful pockets but at times I end up in a panic as I've stuffed my wallet/phone/money in a different pocket and can't immediately locate it.

Yes I end up anxious and shoving things in pockets then forgetting them. I like lots of pockets. I sometimes go round looking like a man with what I wear even if it is womans clothes.

Janie
New member - welcome them!

Postby Janie » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:36 am

Me too.I can’t believe you experience the too tight thing!

Dan
Power poster

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:06 am

This sounds a lot like symptoms of Sensory Integration Dysfunction, a common condition comorbid with Dyspraxia.

Return to “Day-to-day living”