Please don't touch my books or dvd's or my stuff "Wife"

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

darkneo
Getting settled in

Please don't touch my books or dvd's or my stuff "Wife"

Post by darkneo »

Hi Everyone,

First of all I hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2018 !

Second, I am also sorry I have not made a post for a long time, because I have been working very hard and I have been tired.

This post may be a bit funny to some of you but this is important to me. I am also not having a go at my lovely wife either.

I have a lot of books and they are in my own order all over the place but still in my order..... I don't like anyone touching or moving them at all. I also know when even one book is out of place.

If this happens I can go into meltdown like its the end of the world! Even if its a small book out of place! Or even my dvd's I really don't like my wife touching them. is this normal? well its normal to me and I try to be nice and clam about it, but when I am having a bad day or "Foggy Day" see earlier post, it is bad. I know that this can drive my wife mad with this, but she is very understanding of me.

Do anyone else do this or is it just me?

It would be great to here from you all about this.

Thanks Steve. :-)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Please don't touch my books or dvd's or my stuff "Wife"

Post by Tom fod »

Happy New Year Steve

We all have out little ways and I think the lack of control dyspraxia causes us to feel,may mean we're a bit more inclined to want certain things just so, in order that we maintain at least some sense of control in the chaotic world in which we must exist.

I seem to have fallen victim to a state of disorganised chaos in my flat and wish I had more self discipline to regain control of it and/or declutter. In that 'grass is always greener sense' It might be useful to have someone to nag me/tidy up after me, buts that a sad sorry tale of woe in itself.

Can you have agreed zones that your books/DVDs can live in that you are responsible for (maybe not so feasible if you have children/ a small and/or cluttered home?)
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)