Touch screen phones

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chrido81
Getting settled in

Re: Touch screen phones

Post by Chrido81 »

JKMarshal wrote:Swiping isn't so much of an issue for me, but I've been through 3 screens in the last 12 months after dropping or slipping out of my hands.
This. I remember some 14 years ago dropping one of the old motorola clam shell phones on the same day I bought it. No recourse. Accidental damage was not covered at the time so I was stuck with a busted outside screen for 2 years.

Smart phones are different. I'm always forgetting to charge them so much I don't even take them out of my pocket. Dyspraxia can be good because if I remembered to charge it, it would have been broken by now! :lol:
Laura.marie55
Getting settled in

Re: Keyboard on smartphone

Post by Laura.marie55 »

I have very small hands and still can't type on my phone. I have always had this issue and never understood what I was doing wrong until now. Struggle to swipe on it as well and always dropping it!
Dan
Power poster

Re: Keyboard on smartphone

Post by Dan »

Laura.marie55 wrote:I have very small hands and still can't type on my phone. I have always had this issue and never understood what I was doing wrong until now. Struggle to swipe on it as well and always dropping it!
Have you tried Text-To-Speech? It's a lot better than it used to be, especially on Android phones.
Laura.marie55
Getting settled in

Post by Laura.marie55 »

No I haven't tried that I will give it a go thanks :)
Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

Laura.marie55 wrote:No I haven't tried that I will give it a go thanks :)
I meant Speech-To-Text, lol, in that you can use your voice to type messages. :)
Cmc
New member - welcome them!

Post by Cmc »

nickye wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:33 am To be honest I still have a Blackberry because I like my little keyboard! I'm fine on a touch screen like an ipad (although I prefer a lap top with a proper keyboard) but on an i-phone/smartphone it is too small and I type every word wrong and this annoys me!

Bring back manual typewriters, that's what I say! :)
Here! here!