Great End to 2017

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

cricketman123
Getting settled in

Great End to 2017

Post by cricketman123 »

Hello, well 2017 has not been a easy year for me but I am ending 2017 on a positive note. One of the reasons why is because my mum & stepdad have gone away on holiday for 4 days, they are back tomorrow but this few days has actually made me more confident about the fact that I am able to live independently and fend for myself, My oven skills are getting better day by day and before when I would just have put ready mills in the microwave I can now have proper food using the oven with some vegetables.

I might not have a girlfriend yet but I feel that my future is bright and positive. My dyspraxcia does not stop me from being the person I want to be. Someone who has given me alot of confidence is Krystal from You tube. I think she is amazing.

Anyway I am off to go to a football match now so thank you Dyspraxic Adults for creating a wonderful forum :)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Great End to 2017

Post by Tom fod »

Nice to read this and congratulations.

Cooking for ourselves (and others eek!) can be quite challenging as synchronising and keeping an eye on all the different components of a meal can really fry our brains (really not recommended that!). I didn't leave home for years because of these kind of worries/fears.

Hope you enjoyed the match and your team had a good result. All the best for 2018
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)