Living Indepentaly

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

cricketman123
Getting settled in

Living Indepentaly

Post by cricketman123 »

I am 25 with dyspraxcia. I am still at college which I feel I am doing really well with studying level 3 travel & tourism, I would like to do year 2 next year and then who knows maybe uni.

The thing I would like to ask is how many people on here feel they are able to live interdependently. I feel even though i have dyspraxcia that won't stop be from leading a normal life. I feel very lucky in my self and there are so many things I can achieve.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Living Independently

Post by Tom fod »

Hi pleased to see you're feeling bit more optimistic. It can bring challenges but I think it's important to gain some self reliance as it will boost one's self confidence too.

I didn't actually leave home and get my own place until about 5 years ago at age 37. Guess I had a few, as it turns out unfounded, worries. I've always been ok at managing money and I've learned to cook reasonably well. Keeping on top of keeping the place tidy is something I need to work on though.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)