Headaches or Migraines

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

darkneo
Getting settled in

Headaches or Migraines

Post by darkneo »

Hi Everyone,

Can I ask you all... do anyone else suffer form Headaches or Migraines? I have had them since I was a young boy.

Steve. :(
Wish90
Getting settled in

Re: Headaches or Migraines

Post by Wish90 »

Hi,
I do! I wondered if there might be a link with dyspraxia... I suffered from them since I was about 15. Horrible. Hope you are OK... Migraines are awful.

X
darkneo
Getting settled in

Post by darkneo »

Yes I am ok, but they get me very down... I have had them since I was 12.

Steve.
otis_b_flywheel
Regular Poster

Post by otis_b_flywheel »

Hi Steve,
Short answer - yes, all the time.
But headaches are a bit of a "non-specific symptom" as the doctors keep saying these days, and can be caused by lots of things. In my case I think the main culprit is dehydration, though they can also be brought on by stress, atmospheric pollution and food allergies to name but a few.
Not a terribly helpful answer I'm afraid, but I don't think dyspraxia is in itself a main cause.
Regards
Tim

"I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome."
darkneo
Getting settled in

Post by darkneo »

Thank you Tim, my migraines are really bad at the moment.

Steve.
Wish90
Getting settled in

Post by Wish90 »

darkneo wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 pm Yes I am ok, but they get me very down... I have had them since I was 12.

Steve.
Stay strong, have they given you a triptan drug to try?? I take bisoprolol also every morning and then a zolmatriptan if I have an attack. Seems to help bit sometimes nothing can stop the pain. X
angelarl
New member - welcome them!

Post by angelarl »

Yes I've had them since I was a child and later they developed into migraines which i still get occasionally. They have been horrendous. They are worse if I don't eat properly or skip meals and if i only have cold food for some reason. I think you need to make sure you take time over your health to eat healthily, rest, and exercise and try to get enough sleep. Too much sleep is not good... also try to deal with stress. It's difficult.. but you can get better or at least the headaches will get less frequent.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I wouldn’t specifically link migraines to Dyspraxia although, many of us do suffer from being over sensitised to many things. A migraine can really increase your sensitivity to light.

I’ve suffered from migraines on and off since I was a child but it’s too simplistic to link it directly to dyspraxia. There are so many variables and factors which contribute to a headache, food intolerances, stress, fatigue, hydration, metabolism and environment.

We used to think that chocolate was my main trigger and I had to give it up completely for a while as a child... which was horrible when your siblings dangled theirs in front of your face.

Today, chocolate does not seem to be a trigger for me. But stress, fatigue and failing to keep adequately fed & hydrated are.

So it pays to make sure that ensure I don’t leave it too late to have my meals.

Unfortunately for me, I’m rather resistant to pain killers in general. But I do find the stronger paracetamols combined with caffeine and aspirin are the most successful in easing the pain of a headache for me.

I guess, it’s down to knowing yourself.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
HelenJ
Getting settled in

Post by HelenJ »

Yes I have had migraines since I can remember. They are absolutely awful and I hate them. The pain is so bad and the only thing that helps is sleep. I have taken medication before but it doesn't really work for me. I don't know what causes mine, as they happen so randomly but I did go through a phase a few years ago of having a migraine every time I was on my day off work, so I guess my job/stress at the time probably had something to do with it.
Carlylou
New member - welcome them!

Post by Carlylou »

Hi I have always suffered from headache I think it has a lot to do with stress for us, it got really bad 2 years ago I have now been diagnosed with nurth damage in my head because of long term stress i am now on the right meds and out of an abuse relationship so all good xx