housework

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

helenahelen
Getting settled in

housework

Post by helenahelen »

8-[ Does anyone else here really struggle with the so-called basics of housework? (eg hoovering, getting the bins out, cleaning the fridge out, ironing etc)

Or am I just procrastinating that much-needed scrub of the bathroom? :-$
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

hi helen, welcome back to the forum.

yes, I do hate house work, I can sit there, and look at it for hours! and it still isn't getting any cleaner!!! \:D/

so what I tend to do is a bit each day to stop it from getting too much, but still loads left to do all the time!

shame can't afford the hoover robot!! maybe then some house work will be done!! at the moment it seems like dust is my worst enemy, as no sooner have I stuck the polish and duster around, the place looks like it hasn't been done.

it is like the dust moves from one area to another, until it is back where it started! and makes you wonder why you bothered in the first place!
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I have problems with housework.... normally dusting only gets done when it is so bad I start sneezing I have to do it.... pile of washing and ironing is sky high....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
robyn

Post by robyn »

I have desperate probs here too, I can manage the washing but everything is a disaster, I just dont have the organisational skills to get my head around it all.
helenahelen
Getting settled in

Post by helenahelen »

Thanks 8-[ Lovely to hear I'm not alone...
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I think my solution to the problem is while working in Gosport or Portsmouth is to find myself a nice navy man..... they are so well trained..... they do their own washing, ironing and housework... and for 6 months of the year you get peice and quite whilst they are on tour.... [-o< [-o< [-o<

Forget finding a millionare... :whistle:
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Riddles
Getting settled in

Post by Riddles »

I often find housework to be rather awkward, but all I do is play some of my favourite music loudly while I'm doing the housework, I take as long as I need, making sure I do everything as its supposed to be done, trying not to break the washing machine or slipping on water I spilled from the sink whilst washing the pots, all the bits and bobs like that, I take my time with, so I could be listening to music all day, not only does it help you relax but it can actually make doing the housework a much more pleasurable experience.
helenahelen
Getting settled in

Post by helenahelen »

Liz - my boyfriend's ex-air force... so yes, miracles do happen! He's great at cleaning the cooker, but no so hot at organising the bills. Ah well, can't have it all ;-)
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Achillies with a hoover foot?
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i don't mind housework. i always put off doing it, but i generally find tidying kinda relaxing, (in a weird sort of way). I'm a ridiculously slow ironer though, and generally just end up putting that off for as long as possible, then only ironing things that really have to be ironed, like clothes for work. :D
FREEFALL
Getting settled in

Post by FREEFALL »

i am terrible at douing housework to the point my dad dicided to hoover my carpet...something i canlt even remeber doing in the past. turns out i have a blue carpet. but i refuse to call it mess it is ORGANISED CHOAS!
mina
Getting settled in

Post by mina »

absolutely.
its really hard. things just tend to pile up until its awful . then i have to clean for ages . then its lovely and the whole cycle starts again.
can't seem to ever do that doing a little bit all the time thing . however hard i try
anyone else like that?
robyn

Post by robyn »

yep, my house is allways a state, i can never cope with house work and i find it so hard to deal with the getting started part of it. its too much organisation for me, my head spins
BetaBox
Getting settled in

Post by BetaBox »

Yep its the worst thing, my brother and sister must hate it! For years I have been told its laziness etc. but I honestly cant work out where to put things etc. Im not too bad with the washing up but everything else.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

my house work has moved forward in some areas, and back in most others, because I have had my cousins over from Autralia.

then my sleeping more or less went out the window, my bank account has never looked so bad, and trying to find time to re-install everything on my main pc, as well as stripping my 2nd pc to get it working again, as it spent about 2 months in bits.

but at least I enjoyed myself, and got both pc's working agin! about the hardest thing was remembering to keep the washing machine going, so that I had clean clothes all the time (thank god it has got a timer on it, so I could put it on to start early morning!!)