Foggy Days

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

darkneo
Getting settled in

Foggy Days

Post by darkneo »

Do you ever wake up one day and you feel like your in a fog that no one else can see?

I do, and a lot of the time and I even get upset on these "Foggy Days" and no matter what you do, you can't get out of it. It can even goes on for days or weeks. My wife is very supportive and some times she understands how i am feeling, It is very hard for me to talk to anyone about it, but here I feel I can talk to you all about this?

I go down stairs and have a cup of tea, and I feel like my head is in a large black cloud and it is all around me. The smallest of things can get me upset or annoy me and I try to carry on or do something to take my mind off it, like watching films or listening to music if I am at home. I even feel it going back to bed to sleep the day away! It can be even harder to control if I am working because of my short concentration problem. Its like being trapped in side my head and me banging my fists against it ! is this just me or do others feel like this?

It is nice to be able to talk to you all about this and how I am feeling, I feel I was given to many emotions...

I hope what I have side makes any sense

Thanks for listening darkneo/Steve. :(
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Foggy Days

Post by Tom fod »

Thanks for posting this I'm sure a lot of people struggle to put into words what they feel and there always seems to be an inbuilt reluctance to talk about we feel for fear of what others will think. That said I think there's also a fear that we're letting the genie out of the bottle and that is equally if not more frightening for ourselves.

I find my brain whirs at a faster rate and getting sense out of it some days especially if I'm preoccupied or fixated on worries or annoyed with myself about something that has not gone right, not much seems to:go well and I can find my day can descend into a downward spiral from there.It can be hard to force myself to stop and take a step back from outright panic mode.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
darkneo
Getting settled in

Post by darkneo »

Yes I can completely understand what you are saying Tom, a lot of the time I just can't get out of it, and It feels like hell. I try to think of others things to make me feel better but it can be very hard.

I seem to be getting worse as i get older? ](*,)

Thanks for Listening.

Darkneo/Steve
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Find there's only a finite degree of delight I can derive from being a grumpy git.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I'm not having a good time at present as I have something I'm really worrying about that I have little if any control over. It's really messing up my concentration on other day to day resonsibilities/activities. I feel at times I'm having a crisis of confidence and feel almost total despair. Yet at times I'm also angry to the point of fulminating.

So much for a relaxing week away from work 8-(
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

rmel82
Getting settled in

Post by rmel82 »

Glad, I am not the only one who gets this. I gave up coffee for about two years I realised later on that I was self medicating to help with foggy days. Now I have coffee every few days (if I drink it every day I get depressed and it starts losing its effect).
darkneo
Getting settled in

Post by darkneo »

Yes for me coffee is a big no, no, but I can have cups of tea..... but I am glad I am not along with me foggy days!
Steve.