Dyspraxia and diet

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ram
Power poster

Re: Dyspraxia and diet

Post by Ram »

Strawberryocean wrote:
I agree that it may be hard to spot the changes, but either way there isn't anything lost by taking them. I read that vitamin B can be good for giving energy, so I'm currently trialling that in combination with the change to my diet. I also hear that vitamin D can be beneficial. Do you take a particular blend? Or is it a general multi vitamin tablet?
I take a general multi vitamin tablet. I don't usually favor a particular brand. I tend to get them from health food stores rather than pharmacist's if possible. I have this vague inkling that the multvits sold in health food places will be of better quality. But again this is something that is hard to prove.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

IreneBuckland wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:40 am Many people have a wrong idea about what a keto diet is. It's a way of eating in which you drastically reduce your carbohydrate intake, typically from carbohydrates such as potatoes, rice, and pasta. This drastically reduces your insulin levels which means your blood sugar levels will be more stable, reducing your risk of diabetes and other illnesses.
The keto diet could cause low blood pressure, kidney stones, constipation, nutrient deficiencies and an increased risk of heart disease. Strict diets like keto could also cause social isolation or disordered eating. Keto is not safe for those with any conditions involving their pancreas, liver, thyroid or gallbladder.

Are you a dietician?
Get off our forum and DO NOT RETURN!
Irene has been permanently banned
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
nigru
New member - welcome them!

Post by nigru »

And what diet have you been following all the time?
sssasa
New member - welcome them!

Post by sssasa »

I know from my own experience that a balanced diet always has a positive effect on concentration. After all, food fills our body with various minerals and vitamins, which positively affect the brain's efficiency.
Overeating and sweets, on the contrary, relax the body, and the person becomes "lazy". Therefore, it is always worth staying a little hungry so that the brain continues to be focused.
At such moments, vitamins help well. I advise you to read this article — https://druggenius.com/nutrition/irish-sea-moss-uses-benefits-and-side-effects/. It is written here in detail about this.