Fed Up Of People Trying It On With Comments About MY Weight

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Avarice
Regular Poster

Fed Up Of People Trying It On With Comments About MY Weight

Post by Avarice »

I can handle it but thought I might share my thoughts about this. I'm a six foot 2 inch guy who is well built but who is definitely more than a little overweight and while I see other guys my height and bigger who make me seem anorexic I know that's not supposed to justify my having too much flab.

However I have a neurological impairment that makes team physical activities a problematic and alienating experience because of dyspraxic like symptoms, I find the idea of the gym and swimming ultimately monotonous and not tailored enough for specific results and I am inconvenienced by the neurological impairment of not, like my father could, being able as part of any fitness regime to drive to places with decent enough facilities in all weathers.

So I've came to the conclusion that for me and others possibly here as well that he health and fitness mania and worry about obesity/type 2 diabetes epidemics is a waste of my time.(And incidentally I can find that doing anything else in life seems to just take TOO LONG)

The most important muscle in the human body isn't the heart. It's the brain. It determines how well or efficiently we can do things that are academic/intellectual or physical (regardless of IQ) and anything that's caused to go wrong with it( be it genetic or as a result of circumstances of birth or an accident or disease) that impedes how well it otherwise should be able to do things like engage in activities that can keep calorie intake under better control.

In short if you want me to look more like Dolph Lundgren then, like Dolph Lundgren ,don't give me too many F******G neurological issues to deal with. Otherwise as the song goes "I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when I'm dry And the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live till I die."

Which Is why if people are starting to make pointed comments about my girth I feel like a life long smoker told to quit that just wants to blow cigarette smoke in their face.
KirbyKitty
Getting settled in

Re: Fed Up Of People Trying It On With Comments About MY Weight

Post by KirbyKitty »

Sometimes it would be nice, if people didn't point things out and kept their comments to themselves. I can see how people doing that would be irritating.
Grumpyguard89
New member - welcome them!

Re: Fed Up Of People Trying It On With Comments About MY Weight

Post by Grumpyguard89 »

I'm 6 foot tall, 18 stone. I'm not comfortable in a gym and find the thought boring. I am naturally well builto anyway, just a little beer bellied lol.

I work as a security guard in a supermarket. Almost every upset shoplifter i deal with makes jibes at my weight.

I used to take it to heart but not anymore. Don't let other people influence you. It sounds like you have enough on your plate without everyone else's insecurity.