Struggling with losing things

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

mynameis
New member - welcome them!

Struggling with losing things

Post by mynameis »

Had an awful day. I was in the car with my mum and dad and I checked to see if I had my purse/wallet and it wasn't there :( I went home to look for it and it wasn't there, so I've had to cancel my bank card. The point is that Im so sick of losing things, I have tried to take action but even attaching my wallet to a keyring so I can put in on my belt loop hasn't worked. I guess I was tired yesterday but it just makes me feel so stupid I feel like moving far away to somewhere that I can live a self sufficient life and no possessions :-({|= Does anyone else have any advice on keeping track of their belongings?

P.s New to the forum :)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Struggling with losing things

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

Yes and I hate it since it very much tends to make me feel useless and incapable. I try to be obsessively careful to always try and put things in a set place or pocket to avoid such events. Would a clip and chain or one of those curly plastic retracting key ring or a lanyard be an option?

I once thought I'd lost my card turned my flat upside down then gave up and called bank only to find it right there on my desk. Last week I searched everywhere/turned the place upside down looking for remote control. Back at Easter I lost my smart phone and more recently my brother lost his wallet containing over £150 he was due to pay me.
Luckily all these things all turned up for me/my brother but the feeling is horrible. Has your wallet turned up yet, (usually they do, very shortly after you cancel your cards.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
michele
Getting settled in

Re: Struggling with losing things

Post by michele »

I am always losing things...I can deal with it...its when otherw berate me and tell me I need to pay more attentiom, be more careful, be more respomsible....really I am trying, I beat myself up plenty...and that gqrbage is npt helping...and I am fsr better then ai used to be. Also yes I carry a giant keyring on a plastic coiled cord I can hang over my arm....I lose it much less that way...not going to care about normal...care about effective. Also find a very visible put down spot or where you naturally put things at home.it helps
"When none of the offfical paths lead you anywhere good there is a simple solution...forget about roads."