I just can't be bothered to talk sometimes? any advice?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

chchchcherrybomb
Getting settled in

I just can't be bothered to talk sometimes? any advice?

Post by chchchcherrybomb »

Hi Guys,

I was wandering if any of you guys have any advice?

When communicating I find it difficult to speak, I almost feel mute sometimes. I don't know if this is a Dyspraxic thing or not.
I want to help my social anxiety as i have started college now but I feel one of my main problems is that i just find it difficult to let words out.
I don't like my voice so maybe that's apart of it to.

Does anyone know any coping strategies towards this?

Many thanks,

cherrybomb
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: I just can't be bothered to talk sometimes? any advice?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi

When I was younger it seemed as though certain people took the mick or twisted everything I said so I just kept quiet n they then said I was too quiet.

I hope you're not embroiled in a similar situation and can find some people who have the patience and courtesy .to listen to you and what you have to say. There is no valid reason to believe that your thoughts and feelings are any less valid than others'
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tomtom
Regular Poster

Post by Tomtom »

I would advise speaking into a mirror, for maybe 15 minutes per day, it would make speaking feel more 'natural'. If nothing else, you would come to terms with your voice, and hopefully stop disliking it. You could also throw yourself out into social issues, and 'fake it until you make it'. I feel that practice and confidence are key, and confidence would come with practice.
Good luck bro :)
morgank82
Regular Poster

Post by morgank82 »

I have mad social anxiety , and I get over stimulated by multiple convosations around me , so I get lost and feel ashamed. But I shut off my conversations cuz I know I can't hold them to ware I want the to go or for a decent period of time with out getting occured. So I am quit or labeled as quite at times though a blab and blab but it's usually of topic that brings me down. Cuz they find itto be a insult or think I'm not interested In there thoughts or things to say