DLA

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

janesmith
New member - welcome them!

DLA

Post by janesmith »

I have a question...My granddaughter has dyspraxia. She was extremely lucky and attended a school that catered for her needs, She left school last september and goes to art college. She has high needs still but does not see any doctor or psychologist regarding her condition any more. My daughter has claimed DLA for her which ran out. I told her to claim again. If she is not seeing any doctor regarding this any more she has no proof. So how can she claim as she still has megga issues.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: DLA

Post by Tom fod »

Hello

You haven't specifically stated the circumstances of how/why your granddaughter's DLA ceased. Has she applied for/Is she being rolled over onto the new Personal Independence Payment (PIP)? I believe the timing of associated letters is not good. Her medical/other records should still attest to the fact she has difficulties but I understand/believe it is likely to be DWP? or a private company acting for them who determine what level of financial support she gets. If their decision is wrong she/your daughter should appeal. Organisations like the Citizens Advice Bureau or her College can advise. I'm afraid I'm not any kind of expert
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
janesmith
New member - welcome them!

Re: DLA

Post by janesmith »

It was granted to her for 3 years and the term came to an end