loosing things

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

screengreen
Power poster

loosing things

Post by screengreen »

I am struggling because I keep loosing things and loosing track of important items, I need some help. Anyone any tips gratefully received many thanks!
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: loosing things

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Screen

I do this too so have to try to be very disciplined about having a place for everything and everything in it's place. However even that can fail down as whilst I try hard to be organised in where I keep things my dyspraxic self does his best to hamper/sabotage this.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

Thanks Tom, good to know its not just me but it takes do much time! Lost my hubbys wages yesterday and it took over an hour to retrace my steps and find them so frustrating! But was blessed that I did! At least its not just me!
Matt1988
Getting settled in

Post by Matt1988 »

I'm awful with losing things and I always have been. People don't take it seriously you know. They'll think "what are you like" you know, in that way that people do, kind of 'whatever next" kind of way. But it's really really irritating when it happens on a very regular basis because it interferes with normal life functions. You'll lose a combination of your car keys, phone, folders/documents in the space of a week and that's you having to rush or be late for work 3 days out of 5. Even forgetting faces is really problematic because you can blank people or have to ignore them until you remember who they are, even though you only saw them 4-7 days ago. This happens to everyone but not anywhere near as often. Oh, they're wearing a different shirt or it's a different setting so your brain is like "screw this you're on your own". Annoying!
Methley31
New member - welcome them!

Post by Methley31 »

I'm so happy I found this forum I could cry!!!
Is the not remembering faces common?
This is something I struggle with and sometimes names of people I know really well.
In my line of work it's awful, and I find it's getting worse, I know Ive offended clients, and was beginning to think about seeing the GP.
My neighbours drove past us at the supermarket over Xmas and said hello, I went totally blank, my husband thought I was joking when I asked who it was, felt so stupid.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome and really glad you've found us.
I'd say it's a not exclusively dyspraxic thing and more common than you think.

People do and can appear 'out of context' and if my mind is elsewhere my poor eyes/overworked brain won't always put 2 and 2together n come up with correct name if I do see them
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)