treadmill

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Catwoman42
Power poster

treadmill

Post by Catwoman42 »

I'm trying to get fit and have joined a gym. I've found that when I'm on the treadmill I have to concentrate on the display on the front of the machine or I lose my balance. If I use the towel or take a drink I have to hang on to the bars or I would fall If my trainer speaks to me I have to hold on or I lose my balance I can walk and talk easily outside, but not on the treadmill Any ideas?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: treadmill

Post by Tom fod »

Hi

I don't thing you should feel awkward about this. Better to stop the machine or slow it right down rather than fall over in a heap. They're not a piece of exercise machinery I'd want to interact with so you're more fearless than me in this respect.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Wayward
Getting settled in

Re: treadmill

Post by Wayward »

I used to go to the gym when I was able to get discounted membership (too dear now) and I had trouble with the treadmill at first, really kept stumbling and struggling to keep a regular pace so I didn't fall over. It's a slightly different problem to yours I know, but what I found fixed it for me might help you too: try playing with the incline on the machine (if it has a setting) - I found tilting slightly down or up helped, weirdly.
:)