My New Attitude :)

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

FAndrews
Power poster

My New Attitude :)

Post by FAndrews »

I thought I might share you my story

Recently I've been through an attitude change, a positive new way of thinking about myself and how i should do things. before this i was shy, a bit awkward and my self esteem was terrible and i just let people walk all over and at work I've realised I'm too nice and allow myself to be walked all over by not standing up for myself, and treated like a doormat because people knew they could get away with it. i was getting tired of feeling ignored and under appreciated and recently something just snapped.
I realised that the opinions of people who aren't my friends shouldn't matter to me and that i was too focused on the what people think of me.
I don't know exactly what has caused it (maybe the herbal remedy for stress I'm taking) but all the crap I've put up with has made something snap and I'm trying a new confident way of thinking and acting, various friends have noticed this about me. So far i haven't brought this new attitude to work and hope i don't fall back into new habits, but this new attitude is making things happen, i was successful with an interview for a new job which will hopefully work out and then i have sorted that out i can turn my focus on other parts of my life; my love life for example.
Thanks for reading.
Tim G
Super poster

Re: My New Attitude :)

Post by Tim G »

Well done, glad that you have been able to realize that what people think of you dosent bother you like it did and that you can stand up and be confident in yourself.

I am sure that having a more calm attitude has helped you see this, i think that you should bring your new attitude into work and all aspects of your life - its something to be worked on and maintained.
The real Mr Potato Head
FAndrews
Power poster

Post by FAndrews »

It was just the realisation that many of problems can link back to worrying too much about what people think of me and that if i don't know them and or that if they don't like me, why does their opinion matter to me?? only the opinions of friends and loved ones should matter and influence me in that way.
I seem to have a found a new sense of self-esteem from somewhere and that my opinion of myself is far more important than that of strangers and non-friends.
FAndrews
Power poster

Post by FAndrews »

Update

Unfortunately this was a temporary phase and I'm back to my old habits :( waiting for the paperwork to go through with for my new job is so frustrating because its taking forever and really want to leave my current job, my love life is a failure and everything i try fails and i don't know what to try next, family issues at the moment.
So yeah not feeling that great at the moment, hopefully this is just a temporary thing and I will pick myself up.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Felix

I know the feeling. Hope things improve soon and your fresh start in a new job will help you to feel reinvigorated and ready to tread more confidently.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
FAndrews
Power poster

Post by FAndrews »

Well i've bounced back :) and with good reason!! see my new post in relationships section.