Jogging

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fordinand
Getting settled in

Jogging

Post by Fordinand »

So I've been jogging with my sister and her friend. I jogged for a short time over a year ago.
They're both quite good for people that have never jogged before, and I'd thought I would have been on equal terms with them as I hadn't done it in over a year and they're never done it but they are so much better than me!

We're doing this thing where on week one we jog for 1minute straight then walk for 90 seconds, repeat 8 times per session and 3 times per week. Then week 2 we'd jog for 2 minutes and walk for 60 seconds. And it of course gets harder every week until we're running for 30 minutes straight.

I'm dreading running for 2 minutes straight because it was agony running for 1 minute straight.
I remember looking at the timer once it hits 45 second thinking sh**. My body generally felt like it couldn't go on by the time I reached 60 seconds each time. My legs struggled to move -.-
I'm way slower than the other two aswel. I try to keep up but I keep falling behind. Lucky they wait for me when it's time to walk though.

I heard that dyspraxic people may have weaker muscles? Could possibly be that. Although I'm not going to say that it's definitely the cause as it could be other factors. They are thinner that me to be fair. (Although, I'm actually more healthier than my sister).

I'll just have to keep trying I guess and hope that I improve :)

I'm actually doing squats so hopefully improving my leg muscles will help me to improve my running :)
dyspraxicyoungperson
Getting settled in

Re: Jogging

Post by dyspraxicyoungperson »

good luck,
I wish I had someone to go jogging with!