hobbies

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

syeda
Getting settled in

hobbies

Post by syeda »

hi guys
i was wondering what are everyone hobbies and things they are good at. i am 19 years old and i honestly have no idea what i am good at. i am slow at almost everything. i find it really hard to understand things. i hate sports, i cant really draw. i thought of writing a book which i have started but am not really good at putting my thoughts in to words so thats not going anywhere. iv tried cooking but it takes to long and is soo tiering. so i have no idea as ti what i can do.i really wanna find things am good at but honestly theres not much and it really brings me down because i just think am dumb :(
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: hobbies

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Syeda

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit at a loss. Don't be afraid to try lots of things that interest you and I'm sure you'll find something you want to devote more of your time to.

I can find cooking to be stressful so like to stick to simple things where you don't have to be trying to do 5 things at once or worrying it doesn't seem to be going as it should. Be creative.

Keeping my flat tidy seems to have become a bit of a hobby for me as has contributing on here. I guess my other hobby is pub quizzes though I do like a walk too. I also have a disinterest/dislike of most sports especially watching them. I find I have to try and at least feign polite interest as so many people are (in my opinion) a little bit obsessed. I can swim though and would like to do so a bit more often.

Rather than launching into an epic novel I guess you could try short stories. I think by reading a lot too you will get an idea of what works and doesn't work for you.

All the best
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Lucky Star
Getting settled in

Post by Lucky Star »

Please don't put yourself down. It's not good for you to see yourself as stupid. If you can turn thoughts into words, you could be a poet or a writer.

I have a list of hobbies, simply because I like to keep busy so I don't have to listen to my thoughts as my brain doesn't have an off switch and it can drive me mad. But my hobbies are stop motion animation, drawing, writing stories and hiking.
'Some people put me down,
Some people kick me around,
But believe me when I tell you
I'll be the one to rule this town.' - I'll Fly Higher by AcoustiMandoBrony
Slinky Siren
Getting settled in

Post by Slinky Siren »

Hi i havelots of hobbies none of which ido well. But that is not the point as i enjoy what i do give everytning a go and give it my best shot. I learnt to ride i run i try to make things i teach zumba and i am a professional Egyptian dancer and teacher, i struggle with choerography so improvise instead, much easier. I guess you have to find something that excites you and tRY everything, thats what i do, scrapbooking and card making r fun. I struggle witn cooking as i miss ingredients out! I taught myself to knit and know i will never b good at it but what i manage to do i enjoy. The key is to find something you enjoy doing and dont 4get u r never good when u r learning so dont b harsh on yourself. Tfy ballroom dancing thats excellent fun. :D hope this helps?