Moderator: Moderator Team

Snjstar
Regular Poster

Post by Snjstar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:56 pm

sorry I have no children so cannot help

david456
Power poster

Post by david456 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:50 pm

Children- sounds like an experience! lol. I don't have any really young relatives, so haven't got a clue what the next generation are up too and the joys and frustration that they bring.
I have noticed lots of kids around and I'm not a fan of some kids screaming and knocking things over. A kid did that the other day and muggins here had to clean up!
I just don't like the noise. I like peace and quiet. I guess that doesn't bode well. If I ever have kids!

Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:34 pm

and now I have a cold. It's tipping down with rain and I'm worn out already. I want to go to my salsa class but I already feel tired and salsa's hard work.

I'm grumpy and cross and frustrated and feeling guilty that mt girls aren't having more fun :*(

bum

ice
Getting settled in

Post by ice » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:26 am

i hope you still come here as i may be able to help you, the simplist things is as she is getting older to let her walk through herself first holding her hand, let her lead you through the door, not only will this give her confidence but will enable both of you to get through the door without her getting a mark although you may (as if that is new for us lol).
kids understand more then we as adults tend to give them credit for, they are lots of things they like to do for they mums at this lovely age, most of all don't worry to much, enjoy your kids

Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:04 pm

what lovely advise ! thankyou

I'll work on letting them help me. They already do with memory stuff - Rose is 7 now but she has the best memory ofthe 3 often I ask her to remember stuff for me - she's very good at it.

gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:58 pm

Well, Ive got 2 boys and they are amazing, (when they're not squabbling about who gets the last chocolate bar!)

Aidan is 3 and shane is 5. It was such a wrench for me to go to college and leave them but with shane being at school and aidan at nursery its a bit easier. When Ive had this baby though, it'll be 3 boys (i must be crazy!). If I didnt have Clive and his mum I'd never get anywhere, and I know my boys are perfectly safe when I'm not around to do everything.

Shane never properly needed potty training. One day he just took his nappy off and started using the toilet! Made me so proud. Aidan decided one day that he was going to try the same thing when we were having a new bathroom put in and used the toilet that wasnt attached to any water supply! I couldnt tell him off though!

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.