Would tea make it worse?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hal76
Getting settled in

Would tea make it worse?

Post by Hal76 »

I drink lots of tea - usually about 5 cups a day. Is there any danger the caffeine is exacerbating my symptoms?
Clumsy adults of the world unite!
robyn

Post by robyn »

im quite bad for using caffine to mask, or temp help my symptoms (mainly my non existant attention span). im useless in work in the morning unless iv had several cups of tea, i used to drink lots of coofe when studying and if im really not managing i take pro plus on top of my add meds and eye qs in the mornings. i know its not good for me but needs must, im always careful to drink herbal teas before bed though, and i drink lots of water throughout the day to make up for the dyhydration
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I don't think 5 cups of tea would cause any problems,

coffee I get migraines if I have more than 3/4 of a sppon in 1 cup of coffee, and drink more than 3 in 12 hours,

you could try if you use a tea pot, not leaving it to stand for so long, or if it is tea bags, then make it 1 dunk less or something, and seeing if that makes any difference.

but tea doesn't bother me, as long as it isn't too shorter time of standing, or been standing for too long. as my parent's use a tea pot.

my father likes doing it when it is nearly pure water, so you can't even taste the tea. whereas when I do it then I leave it about 5 minutes to stand, that way it isn't too weak, and it isn't too strong
joeswinn
New member - welcome them!

Re: Would tea make it worse?

Post by joeswinn »

Not in itself, but tea can have lots of sugar and/or caffeine in it, and that can be bad for you.... check out the nutritional facts and see how much of these are in your tea, if it is high, you don't have to stop drinking tea, just switch to a less sugary, caffeine-free tea