SENSORY SHOES

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

joy
Power poster

SENSORY SHOES

Post by joy »

Has anybody ever tried the sensory shoes .I know of another Dyspraxic person who has got the five finger shoes,which are supposed to help with balance and posture,she bought them off a web site which was
www.vibramfivefingersuksales.com
I had a look at them and I think they look really funny and quite flimsy ,they seem quite expensive as well.For me I think they are too fussy and awkward,
I typed in sensory shoes on you tube and loads of videos came up of similar shoes with children climbing and balancing on slides and other things they mould into your feet so that you feel like you are walking and climbing barefooted. Anyone ever considered on buying these would be interested to know if they are any good.
minniemoo
Power poster

Re: SENSORY SHOES

Post by minniemoo »

No, but would be interested to hear if they really do make a difference. My binocular vision is shot, especially when tired/stressed/unhappy (pretty much all three at the mo!!! :D) Snow and ice are particularly bad, but just got a pair of these and seriously OMG, which I'd got them years ago! Make a huge,huge,huge difference...really recommend them...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/YakTrax-Walker- ... B001CZJBKM
LuluBoo
Getting settled in

Re: SENSORY SHOES

Post by LuluBoo »

I've never heard of them until now!
sounds like it's worth a try though