Filling the mug with when making a hot drink..

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pooky
Administrator

Filling the mug with when making a hot drink..

Post by Pooky »

People always complain to me that I never fill the mug up full...

Now I have never done this as I know when I transfer it to the person I will a) Spill it all over the carpet b) Spill it all over them.

I have never really thought anything of it before until recently when I have been watching other people fill there cups and move them around. They fill them up to the top. :O I am not sure how they manage.

Anyone else compensate for things like this, not realise you are doing them and think it is perfectly normal?
robyn

Post by robyn »

i do fill it to the top, then spill it everywhere and wounder why everyone stares at me funny. its only tea after all and i allways tidy up after
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I never fill mugs up to the top. My cunning plan to counteract this flaw was to get bigger mugs, that way people get just as much tea/coffee - but in their mouths rather than their laps :P
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

Greg i never fill it full for the same reason. It'd be everywhere if i did.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Well if you think about it, if you filled the mug up to the top and then spilt some, it still wouldn't be full when it reached the intended recipient, so why bother trying, save on the mess and take a not-full mug to begin with. If you get any complaints you can explain the flawless logic behind your strategy \:D/
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

always leave a gap cause spilling hot drinks on you hurts!!!
also my closest friend knows not to overfill it casuse i will spill it the worst one is when in Starbucks etc as they overfill it
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
Riddles
Getting settled in

Post by Riddles »

Yes it does hurt when you spill it all over yourself, but i dont learn, I can never quite tell when I have put too much in or whatever. To be honest, once i filled the cup right to the brim, I seemed to be alright till I got up to the person I was supposed to give it to, then I spilt half of the cup all over the person, what a nightmare, luckily the person I spilt it over laughed it off, but I had such a telling off from my step dad, but i had seemed alright in the kitchen, I didnt even appear to shake once, i suppose i should have known though lol, oh well, we live, but we dont learn lol
robyn

Post by robyn »

I had a tea cup drama the other day at work. another member of staff made the tea, v full and less milk than I use, so hotter, I managed to carry them without spilling, all the way to the office where put down my cup, handed out the other one, went to pick mine up and spilled it all over the floor! How typical!!
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

today i made my self a cofee whilst i did some college work left a gap as normal (in the cup) and tried to drink it ..... well i split it all down my new top n jeans and it burnt 2
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

today i made my self a cofee whilst i did some college work left a gap as normal (in the cup) and tried to drink it ..... well i split it all down my new top n jeans and it burnt 2
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

well when I was younger, then I used to make cups of tea for my parents, and I noticed problems pouring water into the tea pot, and also from the tea pot into the mugs.

usually my parents wanted the tea taken to them, well I would leave about 1/2 - 1 centimeter from the top, as I knew my hands, and feet were not that good,

quite a lot of the time my father would go back to the tea pot saying he doesn't want 1/2 a cup of tea! instead of saying thanks for the effort

which then made me feel like giving up totally! I spent a lot of time on my feet, coping with my balance, trying to do the tea as well, and usually the pets wanted something done as well, so I would have them to think about, as they liked lying in door ways! so it was always a juggling act!

and if I got the pets to move then it made it even harder, either they would push their way past, or stop to look if I was still following them! so it was usually easier using my elbows against door frames to balance myself while trying to step over them!

so even though I like animals, I did sometimes end up screaming by the time the cups of tea were finally out of my hands!
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Im lucky if my coffee gets in the mug in the first place!!!!!! I have a major prblem with just "simply" pouring the kettle...

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I normally pour it up to the top of the cup, but then end up spilling half the contents either on myself or on the floor. I have a problem transferring the cup to the intended person as I have quite shakey hands so end up spilling the drink all over my hands.

I also have a problem pouring the water from the kettle to the cup as most of the water ends up on the kitchen side.

When I was younger I had the problem with pets and making tea for my parents. My dad was of the same attitude and he eventually gave up trying to get me to do it.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

Oh yeah and to add to the stress levels I even tried to work in a big chain coffee shop! You can imagine how that went eh?! 8-[
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I am not a tea or coffee drinker

I have only made two or three cups of coffee or tea when I been on placement (funeral directors) I have never filled the cup/mug to the top

Usually the rule was if you do not drink tea or coffee you did not make it