Filling the mug with when making a hot drink..

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

falconry-fan
New member - welcome them!

Post by falconry-fan »

It always annoys me when other people fill cups & glasses right up to the top with perhaps a millimetre or two of space.
I always end up spilling some of my drink and then I'm the one that looks bad, despite the fact that they overfilled it. ](*,)
RedRevolver
Getting settled in

Re: Filling the mug with when making a hot drink..

Post by RedRevolver »

Who fills mugs to the top? That's weird. Most people would find it difficult to not spill a completely full mug and it's not really advisable for any person (dyspraxic or otherwise) to do so due to it being a hazard.
SarahTheScout
Getting settled in

Post by SarahTheScout »

My problem is that I don't compensate - even for the milk! Probably because I've had similar comments to what I've just read a lot of other people have had. The thing about getting half a cup, etc. So I fill the cup with water, and then realise that I haven't left space for milk... :rolleyes:
RedRevolver
Getting settled in

Post by RedRevolver »

SarahTheScout wrote:My problem is that I don't compensate - even for the milk! Probably because I've had similar comments to what I've just read a lot of other people have had. The thing about getting half a cup, etc. So I fill the cup with water, and then realise that I haven't left space for milk... :rolleyes:
Have you ever tried just putting the milk in first?
SarahTheScout
Getting settled in

Post by SarahTheScout »

Have you ever tried just putting the milk in first?[/quote]

I do with my coffee because I think it makes a better cup of coffee. But my Mum drinks a lot of tea, and if she's at mine, it gets made in the mug because I don't have a teapot... And she hates it if the milk goes in first!
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

yeah I can only fill it about three quarters to the top. can't do it from a water cooler either, but then I rarely drink anything hot. usually drink everything ice cold
MusicL22
Getting settled in

Post by MusicL22 »

Pooky wrote:People always complain to me that I never fill the mug up full...

Now I have never done this as I know when I transfer it to the person I will a) Spill it all over the carpet b) Spill it all over them.

I have never really thought anything of it before until recently when I have been watching other people fill there cups and move them around. They fill them up to the top. :O I am not sure how they manage.

Anyone else compensate for things like this, not realise you are doing them and think it is perfectly normal?
Hi I find I have the same problem I only fill the cup half way in fear of spilling. I grip the cup tightly as I am moving. I have been known to spill full drinks such as beer in glasses, I can only carry one at a time.
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

I like my coffee and tea filled nearly to the top. Sometimes I overdo it though and end up spilling some of the coffee/tea as I carry it .
SarahTheScout
Getting settled in

Post by SarahTheScout »

MusicL22 wrote:
Pooky wrote:People always complain to me that I never fill the mug up full...

Now I have never done this as I know when I transfer it to the person I will a) Spill it all over the carpet b) Spill it all over them.

I have never really thought anything of it before until recently when I have been watching other people fill there cups and move them around. They fill them up to the top. :O I am not sure how they manage.

Anyone else compensate for things like this, not realise you are doing them and think it is perfectly normal?
Hi I find I have the same problem I only fill the cup half way in fear of spilling. I grip the cup tightly as I am moving. I have been known to spill full drinks such as beer in glasses, I can only carry one at a time.
I sometimes carry one in each hand but I'll find myself staring at it determinedly... And then walk into someone or something because of not looking where I was going, and then spill them anyway!