Insomnia

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

That's just because some sadist thought it'd be funny to persuade people it was a good idea to carry heavy rocks uphill. Or is it only my dad who insists that if you contribute to one on top of a hill you have to take the new stone from the bottom?

Yeah okay - I know nothing about this :P
robyn

Post by robyn »

clava carins are south of inverness, they're at the bottom of a valley and look like a mini stone henge. I used to hack past them when I lived up there. I never lerned the history behind them, but allways thought they were enchanting.
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

They sound like theyd have the smae function as Stone Henge, which was either used for ceremonies such as marrage (unlikely) or astronomical markings (something to do with the moon and mathematics)...... they prob date back at about 2000BC :D
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
robyn

Post by robyn »

I got told that apparantly some one used clava cairins as part of a satanic ritual this halloween, there was a dead crow found spread out on one of the head stones. Im v glad I dont live there now!
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I dunno, if I have to have enemies ones who believe they can harm me by peforming rituals somewhere I never have to see them is probably a good choice.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

Insomnia, yeah I got it at the moment, like I went to sleep at 12:30 am, then awake about 3, and now totally awake at 5:45 am, usually it is just me not being able to goto sleep.

then occasionally it happens, it has been happening for the past week or so, so I got about another week, then I will completely die, and sleep 12 or more hours solid.

I don't mind having insomnia, as it means I get to do a lot more, especially on the flat, or sorting out pc's, as it is my way of trying to keep myself awake once I am up.

but then there are other times when you wished you knew the cheapest place to buy a sledge hammer, and knock yourself out with it!!
robyn

Post by robyn »

my insomnias real bad just now, Im knackered all day from not slleping right at night, and even when I do sleep its not restful
rah
Power poster

Post by rah »

yeah, i've not been sleeping at all well lately.

i always find it difficult to switch off and just go to sleep but it's been even worse lately, i'm just thinking about a million things at once!

and once i finally get to sleep i wake up briefly off and on for the rest of the night and i'm still absolutely knackered when i get up for work in the morning.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

well I didn't sleep that well last night, kept dozing, and then waking up, and just as I finally dropped off to sleep, I get a phone call, typical, there again it was nearly 10 this morning, so I couldn't shout at the caller.

don't worry it wasn't telephone sales people, like I had a go at the other day, as my flat number is ex-directory, and registered with ofcom, as not wanting those types of calls, so I really laid in to the lady!
Alan
New member - welcome them!

Re: Insomnia

Post by Alan »

Hi Robyn,
To deal with insomnia, workout regularly and prefer morning time for workouts as you will receive a cleaner source of oxygen as pollution in the air around in morning is low and will help in treating insomnia also. Create your sleeping schedule and avoid taking naps in day timing. Avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and create a restful sleeping environment.
Last edited by Alan on Thu May 22, 2014 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors Studio
Lisbeth Roy, D.O.
6400 N Andrews Avenue Suite 120
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
561 - 444 - 7751
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

To all those with insomnia, deep pressure is calming, so a bath before bed can help as can a really heavy blanket, or extra covers as long as they don't make you too hot, you can also try lycra sleep wear all of these have worked for me in the past as has Valerian, but with the valerian you need to be cautious as in my opinnion its addictive and it definitely causes depression if taken long term
bubblygirl
New member - welcome them!

Post by bubblygirl »

Hi
I'm new on here and have been suffering from quite bad sleep deprivation lately I have no idea what is causing it. I've always have been a bad sleeper even when I was younger, I find it extremely hard to fall asleep and have tried most things like reading before sleep, regular exercise ect. A close friend has tried helping me out by showing me relaxation techniques but I just get really fidgety and am prone to fidgeting fits before sleep. Dose anyone else have similar problems and if so how do you overcome them.

Cheers
bubblygirl