tidying and getting stressed about it

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

StephyLou
New member - welcome them!

Re: tidying and getting stressed about it

Post by StephyLou »

tidying for me works in the same way I do my work, I can't do one task and move onto to something else, I have to flit between half a dozen things and switch to something before i finish it so that everything is at the same level (amazing how this comes in handy in sales). So with cleaning I can't just go and do the kitchen, I have to do the dishes for a bit...take out the rubbish....bring in the washing...do a couple more dishes....hoover half a room.....dust the cat...re-heat the dish water and do a couple more dishes...finish hoovering the other half of the room...make the bed.

The other part of it is just get on a do it. I tend to get really depressed if my flat is messy and my brain can't organise in that environment.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: tidying and getting stressed about it

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Steph

Welcome to the forums

I do the flitting from one task to another thing too. Could do with catching up with tidying/organising my flat but on here. Tbh I should actually be in bed as need to get up in morning for work
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)