Potato peeling

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sugar Kitten
New member - welcome them!

Re: Potato peeling

Post by Sugar Kitten »

Just ask Dave Lister to get you a potato peeling virus! Haha just mind it doesn't eat your clothes and hair to!
Roxy86
Regular Poster

Post by Roxy86 »

I only came across this problem a few months ago, when my boyfriend moved into his first flat on his own (I hadn't been with him very long at this point, and although he knew about my dyspraxcia, we had yet to establish ways to 'help me') He asked me to peel the potatoes while he diced the chicken (or something like that! :S lol!) and I was very slow, careful and steady... slipped, missed my hand luckily but paniced and had one of my famous little meltdowns :S Cried and everything, how embarrassing!! :blush:

Thankfully, we now divide household chores such as cooking and cleaning into smaller sub categories where basically, I do 'soft' stuff... Such as putting washing off the airer away, folding, hanging etc. Sweeping and mopping floors, changing the bedding and loading the washing machine :) I don't do anything that involves sharp objects, or objects that can be broken basically!! :D

I feel quite proud of what I contribute to the relationship in a way, and, often replace things like loo/kitchen roll, bread, milk and mouthwash... Most of the things I always tend to use the last of! :| Lol!
-Hakuna Matata-
joeswinn
New member - welcome them!

Post by joeswinn »

best way is to use a peeler