dealing with anxiety

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

hanna
Getting settled in

dealing with anxiety

Post by hanna »

Hey could anyone give me some tips on dealing with anxiety.It is just getting worse and worse and i cant find any reason behind it.i have goggled it but nothing iv tried seems to help really so any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: dealing with anxiety

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Hanna

If you can get a few sessions of cognitive behavioural therapy Do give it a try. Though you'll most likely have to go through your GP and there maybe a waiting list. Don't discount talking to your Doctor See if you can see another if she or he isn't very helpful.

Also try to stay calm and allow yourself more time. (I know it's difficult)

Another cliched thing to say is try to ensure you get enough sleep and watch your diet/alcohol intake in case there are any triggers there.

Also another thing that might help is writing down your troubles as its a way of getting them out of your head and breaking them down.

Venting/asking on here is also good and you can cherry pick from the strategies we can think of.

Hope you don't mind me saying so but I thought you answered Little Miss Anxious's post really well.

Reward yourself by doing things you enjoy. I like a walk or reading or watching comedy.
Hope this provides you with a few ideas to start

All the best.

Tom
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
hanna
Getting settled in

Re: dealing with anxiety

Post by hanna »

thanks for your advice..is really helpfull.. dont think ill do cognitive behavioural therapy because don't wanna do anything like that...im deff going to do the other stuff do..am eating healthy from today and giving myself a 12 o clock bed time :)