Dyspraxicia costs

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tim G
Super poster

Dyspraxicia costs

Post by Tim G »

I just wanted to know about others experances with having to pay out more for things due to loosing items and having to buy the same item twice, forgeting to have things on you which are ment to save you money and you have to resort to paying out more unnessary, buying things that you have broken etc.

I have had times when I have lost things, then had to buy them again and also buy duplicate items as I know it will just get lost or forgeting or to bring somthing which I left at home and then having to spend more on buying it again.

It is verry annoying and since money is short its one sure way to loose money easley.

What are others experances of this and your advice.....
The real Mr Potato Head
Jawjeener
New member - welcome them!

Re: Dyspraxicia costs

Post by Jawjeener »

Yup, I think one of the most annoying ways dyspraxia affects me is finance,

organizational things, so this month; losing my university card

I think also I find it hard to put things in perspetive, so one month I'll be ridiculously frugal, most of the time I'm not though and find it quite difficult to live on a modest budget (Which as a student I really need to). I find it difficult to keep to a consistent plan. I think consistency depresses me, its almost like the mania that makes day to day living with dyspraxia so difficult is what I miss and crave when I'm on top of everything...

anyone know what I'm talking about?

Georgina
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

It's expensive for me in that I go to the supermarket to buy, say bread, and come out without it, but with loads of other stuff. When I do go back to buy the bread I find I buy lots of other stuff, though I am trying to be stricter.
Jawjeener

Post by Jawjeener »

yeah me too... I seem inacapable of buying a weeks worth of food, I tend to go out repeatedly for one specific thing and come back with loads of junk,
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I seem inacapable of buying a weeks worth of food, I tend to go out repeatedly for one specific thing and come back with loads of junk,
The thing which has helped me in the past when I was living away from home is to firstly wirght a list of the stuff you need and then stick to that. Also shop in budget supermakets like lidel where there is not a massive sellection for the same thing - this is confusing.
The real Mr Potato Head
Jawjeener

Post by Jawjeener »

Yeah I wrote a list last week and it helped, also cos I tend to be either super disaplined or super not, so with food, exercise, but also planning and motivation, having a set amount of food each week was good
Joedylan

Post by Joedylan »

The number of bank cards I have lost dosnt bear thinking about. I managed to drop the last one down a crack in a self pay checkout, one no staff member had access too. *sigh* I spend far too much on food, I keep eating in the work cafateria rather than brining a packed lunch for example. It also effect my health I think, weight gain from eating too much bread and junk food, because I never managed to give myself the time to cook a healthy meal.
Bacon
Getting settled in

Post by Bacon »

It definitely affects my wallet, impulsive spending on things I don't need and sometimes things I don't even really want. :grin: I break or lose Ipods or phones almost annually as well.
kdt2402
Regular Poster

Post by kdt2402 »

Last year 5 bank cards after being back in england about 3 months, plus losing 1 when i was trying to buy my plane ticket back here (awkward) then however many i lost in the first few months before i left england! I just calculated it all, not a good track record.

About a week ago i bought a diary and a calendar to help me stay more organised, unfortunately i wasnt so organised and lost the diary :/

And yeah sometimes I'll go into tthe shop for a drink an come out with loadsa food. Then i think about nutrition and feel bad as its not always healthy so i go and give it all to my sister! Then im still hungry so i fo back to the shop for something healthy.

I bought my 3rd bodybuilding magazine of the month last week, which is at least 85% american supplement adverts, all because i thought it looked good on the cover.